Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

La Magie De Fifi~ Romantic Prairie Style~


Welcome to my home..:)
Amazon recently delivered my latest and very anticipated order~


Romantic Prairie Style~

I had put this book in my Amazon.ca Wish List..only to find it had disappeared..all sold..and I could only get used:( If at that..

Lo and behold Amazon.com still had some..so I ordered it from there.


I am so happy to have this book.
Do you know Fifi? I have mentioned her several times on my little blog~

I met her once you know..
My husband and I were invited to her charming home..while we were vacationing in Florida one year.She didn't even know us..
I had commented on her beautiful blog(I was in awe..ahh).. and she had responded..and so it went..
We had tea ..sitting on her white couches.. we met the kitties.. toured her home..gardens..and at that time the barn that was not remodeled but filled with goodies:)My eyes were like saucers.Taking in all the feminine shabby chic.. the real one..

You know when you meet someone and they leave a mark? A nice one? A gentle one?
A genuine one?
That was one of those days.

So you can imagine that I am thrilled to have her book here with the exquisite photos.. the lovely words..





I thought I would tell you about it in case you didn't know it existed..It's a treasure~
I don't own many many many books.. Of the Decorating Nature..I don't own many coffee table books..
I have been a bit frugal in the regard to buying decorating books..
But this one was a must have.

Even the beginning got to me.. She writes a beautiful acknowledgement ..




Forgive the slight blur..but the pages were opened and I had no one at the time to hold the book open..
I for one..cannot hold an object steadily with one hand while focusing and taking a photo with the other..especially w/ a heavier DSLR:)

Talking about lovely and white ..and DSLRs..I do covet that white Canon lens:)
A covetous moment.

But I am digressing..it must be the amazingly beautiful photos in the book that made me covet:)


And at the end another acknowledgement that touched me..

 


How nice is that?



I'll post one photo of inside the book..I don't really know the protocol..I'll slip this one in..but really the book is page after page of gorgeous photos..




If you are looking for a beautiful book.. as a gift or for yourself..I can honestly recommend this one~

To go along with this post..

I took some white photos and have added a texture of my urn out back for you to use~

Here it is..


You can turn an ordinary Pink Diamond Hydrangea(not yet turned pink) into an old world photo by juxtaposing my urn texture on a photo..and adjusting the opacity of the layers and changing the mode..to your liking in Photoshop..I like the effect and think it goes well with Fifi's genre:)
You can see the difference in the collage below..of the before and after hydrangea~

The before is in the collage..



Here is the after~ 






Feel free to use my texture without any acknowledgement.
Jut enjoy it.


Have a great weekend everyone~



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar