Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Afternoon Tea Break

Sunny Afternoon







It is so cold and snowy here in Vermont that my car wouldn't start this morning. I was not able to do any of my necessary errands. Yet, the reaction from my family, when I told them to cancel work and classes and plans, was relief and delight!

I am grateful for a pantry full of food. I spent the morning cleaning and baking while listening to "Crooners" which is the title given to singers in the 1940's. I listened to Perry Como, Bing Crosby and more. It makes cleaning house nostalgic and peaceful. 

Last night, it was terribly dark in the kitchen because of our broken light. It seemed like the nightlight and candle were not enough for me while I worked. Amy (16) suggested I put a small lamp on the kitchen counter. I was delighted with this suggestion and couldn't believe I had not thought of it myself. We now have this pretty lamp, complete with a delicate little lampshade sitting near my canisters. The kitchen looks dreamy in the evenings.

I am just about to cuddle up near the hearth with some tea and enjoy a freshly baked muffin. I will read a nice book and be pleasant.

Blessings
Mrs. White

The importance of Creating a Cozy Home.

A checklist for you - A Beautiful Clean House in just 30 days!

Lovely thoughts in- Domestic Occupations.



An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.


Share/Bookmark


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar