Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

thoughts about the detox...

Hi Everybody,

I apologize for not having done the regular Friday food round-up this week. I decided at the last minute to come back down to Virginia to help my mom move into a new house. It has been a hectic few days!

I just wanted to share some thoughts about my on-going detox with everyone, and hopefully I will hear back from some of you about your own thoughts and experiences. At the beginning of this detox, I expected great things- a meteoric rise in my energy and activity level, a lightening of my mood, and noticeable improvements in my weight and appearance. As we completed the third week of the detox, however, I was beginning to get a little disappointed that nothing *major* was happening. I did not lose much weight, I was not overcome with any startling feelings of well-being or energy... things seemed pretty so-so.

And that put me in a bit of a funk. How could I be so strict and observant about what I put in and on and around my body and not see measurable results? These questions bugged me until I got to my mom's house. There I noticed a subtle change inside of me. Whereas the usual array of goodies and snacks usually lure me in, I have managed to go the entire trip so far without breaking my detox. Surrounded by candy, white bread, chocolate, chips, and other processed foods, I was able to calmly munch on my fruits and homemade trail mix.

This was not major, but it definitely marks a difference in how I approach food. This must mean that my blood sugar is pretty darn stable these days, I am neither attracted to nor haunted by sweets and other junk. The detox has allowed me to truly rid my body and mind of the need for foods that are not good for me.

And that is something to celebrate!

Click here and here for previous posts in this blog in which I discuss The Great American Detox Diet by Alex Jamieson.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar