Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Weeks Goings On

I was going to leave blogging until tomorrow but had a phone call from OH at lunch time saying that he has to stay so that some job or other gets done in the morning, he will be back around lunch time tomorrow. DD#3 has gone out with friends so that leaves me myself & I accompanied by a bag of mixed nuts & raisins and a LARGE glass of red :-) excuse me if i start to waffle further on down the post, that'll be the wine! I do have finishes to share (note the plural?) first up is the LK double Flip It's i started this last year, can't remember when. Photos are taken in three sections because it is rather Long.
It is now in the safe care of my LNS for framing, to be collected next Saturday, i will try to get a photos of all of it then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next up is my SAL ornament finish for February

This is a freebie fromhttp://needlenecessities.blogspot.com/ Heidi's blog. Every month she is making a free primitive design available on her blog, (designed by her)this was the first one.I hope she likes my interpretation of 'primitive'. I do not find it easy to come up with ideas of finishing or sewing nor the fundamentals of a machine come to that, but i am quite pleased with how it turned out, my Home Economics Teacher would have been proud that her lessons had not been entirely wasted on me, however, i am glad that none of you could hear the expletives that were uttered whilst this was in the making :0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One last item before i go and that's a WIP.

I started a LHN called Yesteryear, i am a week into it and this is how it looks so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I must end on a sad note, my mother phoned late this afternoon to tell me that her little dog, Dot had been taken to the vets and has had to be put to sleep. Mum took her to have some teeth out at the beginning of the week and she has been poorly ever since, she took her back to the vet on Wednesday because she didn't seem herself, the vet gave her some vitamin shots and various other things but at lunch time today she took a real turn for the worst, luckily my brother was there and took mum to the vets with her where they gave her oxygen and put her on a drip. My brother took mum home but the vet phoned her about an hour later to say that Dotty was not doing very well at all , she was a very poorly girl, her kidneys had stopped working and they could not do anything for her, the best thing would be to put her to sleep, my poor mother was crying when she was telling me, i feel so sorry for her, i know she will not sleep tonight for thinking about Dotty and the fact that she wasn't with her to say goodbye properly, but the poor thing was suffering and they could only do what they did. My mum is going to miss her so much, she has always had a dog, in fact i cannot remember not ever having a dog in the house when we were growing up. Mum was 80 last August so i don't think she will have another dog, she has a cat that was a stray she took in so at least she has something for company, but i don't think she will replace little Dotty.
Thanks for visiting me, till next time.... Tara -a-bit x
Note added: I hadn't noticed until Sharon mentioned it that i had left out a photo of my LK finish, i have included that now, thanks Sharon, i wouldn't have noticed, well i did say i was accompanied by a Large glass of red last night, lol. Have a good day all x
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar