Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mushroom Hunting

IMG_3666.jpg
Last weekend I was lucky enough to take part in an outing to pick chanterelles. It may have been late in the season, but boy did we do well. I took a lot of photos so I'll only give you the condensed version here.
IMG_3622.jpg
You could add this post to the reasons to live in Northern California file. Mushrooms are delicious, expensive, and not too tough to find if you know what you are doing.

Of coure, you need to be careful. There are a lot of innedible and downright nasty varieties.
IMG_3627.jpg
Really, I mostly just looked, as I think mushrooms are beautiful.
IMG_3641.jpg
IMG_3653.jpg
IMG_3646.jpg
But it's not only about the mushrooms.
IMG_3657.jpg
Spring is here and the meaningless of life seems like a distant concern. The trees are blossoming and life seems not so bad.

We heard a lot of frogs, and even saw this one. Beautiful.
IMG_3670.jpg

But I suppose most of you are interested in mushrooms.
IMG_3677.jpg
We found a lot.
IMG_3688.jpg
This wasn't all of them.
IMG_3696.jpg
My haul was considerable. Here they are resting. Some are missing as they havealready been cleaned and chopped.
IMG_3698.jpg
I didn't do anything fancy with my mushrooms. I just sauteed them and added them to pasta with cream, asisgo and prosciutto. No complaints.
IMG_3700.jpg
The next morning it was eggs with chantrelles and proschuto. That night risotto. Tomorrow, it's savory crepes. I just might tire of these beauties. Probably not though.

For a look at the whole set, go here.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar