Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A to Z Wrap up Day

April flew by! Can't believe another A to Z challenge has come and gone! I laughed, I cried, well I didn't cry. But I had fun! And met tons of new people. Yeah! 
Big THANKS to all the hosters!

So being the silly mathematician I am, I looked at this challenge statistically. I visited as many sites as I could (almost 1000), alphabetically (not counting A, The or My). Above is a word cloud taken from first words of the blogs I visited that occurred at least twice. Thanks, Peggy for showing me Wordle! That site takes whatever words you want, like a paragraph or even your whole MS, and the more the occurrences of the word, the bigger it shows up in the cloud. Cool, huh? Think we write much? I love it!

And here are some stats. Reasons for my not commenting were mainly not participating, non existent, or way too long - in the interest of quantity:



I have to say I am a bit surprised at the lack of comments back. I wonder why. Oh well. I found plenty to follow who I think will be a good influence on me and my writing and I hope vice versa! Another great experience! And here are the top five blurbs from the challenge, as chosen by you all...

FROM THE FENCE POST - MG Noir. Junior suburban detective solves innocent neighborhood mysteries and finds a dead body.


KICK ME - MG. Alternate universe where nerds are the cool rulers of the school picking on the beautiful people.


NAKED PASSION - Sci Fi Romance. In the future humans no longer interact in person and two subjects answer an ad for an experiment on natural procreation.


QUAKES - YA Sci Fi. Larken Rho seems to have seizures that last only seconds, but while she is out she is transported to another dimension for days at a time.


YOU ARE MINE - Thriller. Old Charlie Sterling dies in a nursing home, but confesses to being a serial killer in his journal and leaves clues of where he disposed of the bodies and who his accomplice/protege was.

Thanks again! And congrats to all who participated!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar