Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Saturday Stitching and Dessert

I am going to take a play from my friend Arlene @Nanaland and do a Saturday Stitching.

I have three things I have been rotating. Here is my progress.

Betsy's Tart.



I actually got off count on Betsy's Tart. I have to redo "Let." As you can plainly tell it is too high. I have no clue how I managed that other than to say I should have been using my magnetic line keeper.



This caused the balloons to be a few stitches too high. I think it will still fit in the pie tart in that direction easy, but width is another thing. I have studied this a good bit. I have measured and planned and it still seems that there is too much in the pattern for it to fit width. I have a plan and we will see how it all comes out.

I love the muted colors. I really wasn't sure about them, but decided I would go with it. I think it is going to look lovely in the tart. It should look great in my living room.

Then I started the "Bluebird Out My Window." I haven't gotten very far, but I think it will be a quicker project.  I am not sure I am going to do the bottom Home. We will see.



I just decided one evening to pull out "A Needleworker Lives Here" and start on it.



These three have kept me happily stitching.

Now for some sweetness...

I made a delicious and easy dessert. Stacey at Poofing the Pillows posted this the other day. I had my church small group coming on Wednesday which just happened to be Valentine's Day. After seeing Stacey's, "Cheery Delight" in jars, I thought this would be perfect. I love do banana pudding in the little jars.  Hers is actually prettier than mine. The reason being her cherries are red. I used organic cherries and they were burgundy. IF you want your dessert to look like Valentine's or the Fourth of July don't use organic cherries. 😁 The only other thing I did different was I actually made homemade organic whip cream instead of cool whip. Cool Whip would have been fine. I am just dealing with health issues, so I do everything with a healthier alternative.

This was before I added my whip cream. See it is burgundy. 

The weather this past week was delightful here. Even though my back was hurting I did sit outside several times. Just loved it.

Enjoy your weekend,
Sandy


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar