Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Little Things




It's often the little things in life that contribute to well-being. Some nights I lie down in my bed and think (or say), "I love this bed." My pillow is just how I like it. The cool air from the window blows across my face. The blankets are the perfect weight. All those little things add up. It's good to take the time and notice them.

Just now the frilly poppies bloom in odd spots in my garden. They self-seed and don't take too kindly to transplanting (although I've had pretty good luck doing so), and I let them bloom among the strawberries and onions as they like. That one snapdragon in the photo is a gorgeous colour, don't you think?


There was a family gathering on Sunday. Our Vancouver contingent is here for the week and we celebrated with a barbecue. Books were passed from one family to another, and here part of the donating family enjoyed reading a favourite story to the receiving cousin. 


The sweet peas have put out their first blossoms. I collected a small fragrant posy from the garden today - cutting sweet peas without compunction as the plants will make an effort to produce more, a Bolero rose and bud, a few cornflowers, and some lemon balm for green. 


Today, our 6-year-old grandson spent the day with me. We baked cupcakes. As he iced his he said, "When I'm finished icing this cupcake it will be glorious." 

Isn't that a delightful turn of phrase for a young man? I'm tickled every time I think of it. 


I am not a fan of orange in the garden, or in my house. However, a clump of bright day lilies has settled in next to a hydrangea bush in the front garden, and I have to applaud the pairing. 

More little things that have delighted me lately...

Lockdown sketches  - a charming way to remember these days

A video of how women got dressed in 18th century England (I'm delighted that clothing is much simpler now)

Tilda's World - fabric and quilts designed by a talented Norwegian, Tone Finnanger

I'd love to hear what little things are making a difference in your world these days. 





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar