Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bury My Heart Under This Pile of Papers


I'm grading research papers this week, so my blogs will most likely be short and sweet. Each year I'm convinced I can get through them quickly and efficiently, but each year I am inundated with notecards, outlines, VERY rough drafts, and a slight headache right between the eyes.

I am learning, however, some interesting things about Ibsen's Nora Helmer and her quest for independence; Hermann Hesse's fascination with Eastern religion in the writing of Siddhartha; Fate as a driving force in Oedipus Rex; and why both Camus' Meursault and Dostoevsky's Raskolnikov create their OWN alienation. :)

It's an important time, though, when students begin to think of themselves as scholars, and that needs to be nurtured. So off to the great pile of scholarship I go!

(Disclosure: This is a reprint from LAST year at research paper time. Second Disclosure: I am lazy).

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar